Friday 18 October 2013

Vegan Breakfast Recipe: Miracle green smoothie


I am not one to get over-excited about smoothies. In fact, I have harboured a deep suspicion about smoothies for some time now, assuming drinking your breakfast is a rookie move. Even as I get older and lazier, I still like chewing. Furthermore, I used to not think of a smoothie as REAL FOOD. 

Until I met THIS smoothie. This guy is so packed with nutritious goodness it keeps me full for hours, and makes me feel AMAZING. I am not kidding.


Ingredients:

A frozen banana
A quarter cup of cashews
A teaspoon of maple syrup/agave
Half a teaspoon of vanilla essence
Three tablespoons of chia pudding (without the toppings)
Half a cup of coconut milk (or soy milk)
Two big frilly kale leaves, chopped



Instructions:

Put everything in the blender.


Blend well. Very well. For a good five minutes, until it's all blended completely and drinkable.


It should be thick and creamy, like an ice-cream smoothie. It should also be delicious, and filling.

LIQUID BREAKFAST

No comments:

Post a Comment